Dr. Markowitz’ practice is focused on aesthetic surgery of the face and body. His keen surgical acumen and discerning aesthetic sense allows him to achieve results which are both natural and long lasting. Each of the following aesthetic procedures is performed by Dr. Markowitz in its entirety.
- Facelift | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2
- Eyelid surgery | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3 | Photo Set 4
- Forehead Lift (eyebrow lift) | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2
- Rhinoplasty (nasal surgery) | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3
- Otoplasty (ear surgery) | Photo Set 1
- Genioplasty (chin enhancement) | Photo Set 1
- Malar Augmentation (cheek bone enhancement)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3
- Breast Augmentation | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3 | Photo Set 4
- Breast Reduction | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3 | Photo Set 4
- Mastopexy (breast lift) | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3
- Liposuction | Photo Set 1 | Photo Set 2 | Photo Set 3
- Lip Augmentation
- Skin resurfacing
The majority of the aesthetic operations performed by Dr. Markowitz are at his surgery center, located at 435 North Roxbury, Suite 409. Patients in fragile health or with extenuating circumstances may require a hospital setting to have their operative procedures. If you fall into this category your operation may be performed at the UCLA outpatient surgery center or rarely as an inpatient in the main hospital. At the time of your consultation the site of your procedure will be determined.
In most instances, Dr. Markowitz insists that his patient’s postoperative care be supervised by knowledgeable health care providers. The majority of his patients spend at least one night in an aftercare facility that specializes in the care of postoperative aesthetic plastic surgery patients. However, depending on the procedure, patients may return home with a responsible adult or with a private duty nurse. The specifics of your aftercare will be discussed and arranged at the time you schedule surgery.
Preparation for Surgery
At the time of your initial consultation our staff will provide you with written and verbal information regarding the procedures you are interested in. Photographs of the areas of concern will be taken. Prior to your surgical date Dr. Markowitz will see you to review his findings and discuss any questions you may have regarding your treatment plan.
A comprehensive preoperative medical evaluation within a month of surgery is required for most patients. A list of medications and homeopathic remedies to avoid will be provided. Any medication that inhibits normal clotting is contraindicated and should be stopped at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.
The number and frequency of follow-up appointments are scheduled to assure a safe recovery. Although postoperative care is quite standard for most operative procedures, the visits may be individualized to accommodate the patient’s schedule. The charges for the postoperative care are included in the global surgery fee.